Saturday, March 17, 2012

Today I sat and worked on new ways to make this all tick.
I read a lot of blogs, watched a couple of videos on marketing and promotion and then played on new selling site.
I learnt today that even in auctions that people will not always like your pieces and if you are not 100% in favour of the piece then dont bother. Let me show you.
This is a lovely piece of handbag jewelry.I made it for a show in New York last November that was a total disaster from the get go. It is a really wonderful chunk of Pink tourmaline (quite an expensive stone these days) with black crystals and a a few dangles.The big round white disc reminds me of a full moon and the Fine silver ring has dream stamped on it.The black wings are there to help you fly to reach your dreams.The sturdy key chain attachment means you can use it as a key ring instead if you wish.All the other metals are Fine or Sterling Silver.
This is not a great photo.I can see this clearly. I used it because I really am not attached to the outcome of this piece any longer.
The sadness and disappointment at it having to come back from the US instead of going to a new home has coloured my outlook on all the pieces that were made. There were more than 100 sets and individual pieces that went.The ones that I havent given away already are safely stored in a drawer.I am working up courage to get them out and to work with them again.
So this really lovely piece is a steal at $15 and yet it still is with me.I am going to dismantle it I think and remake it into something new.I am feeling I may just do that with the rest of the collection.Either that or build a whole new story around each piece.That is a thought.One I will sit with for a little while and then work on it more.
So if anyone would like this piece please email me fusionmuseoffice@gmail.com and let me know before Monday as that will be the day it goes under the cutters and is transformed.
Please remember that all profits are going towards the NGO we are setting up and every dollar helps.More about the NGO at a later time.
Love and Hugs
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and to share your comments.We are happy to hear from you.
Tanya